Since 1946, the AFA has been constant in working to support Air Force people and strengthen American aerospace power to help maintain national security and preserve world peace.
EDUCATE the public about the critical need for unmatched aerospace power and a technically superior workforce to ensure US national security; ADVOCATE for aerospace power and s.t.e.m education; SUPPORT the total Air Force family, and promote aerospace education.
What We've Achieved
- In 1946 AFA led the efforts in establishing the Air Force as a separate service.
- Instrumental in founding the Community College of the Air Force – in 1967, through “Project Utah” AFA spurred the accreditation.
- Created the Outstanding Airmen of the Year Program in 1956.
- Instrumental in creating the Air Force Memorial.
- Established the Wounded Airmen Program.
- Initiated the effort in creating the rank of Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force.